Lip Blush Consultation $50.00
Lip Blush Pricing $500.00
Lip Blushing is a form of semi-permanent makeup. Essentially, Lip Blushing is a cosmetic tattoo of the lips that enhances the beauty of the natural lip color. It compliments your natural lip color while giving it a nice pop of color. Lip Blushing improves the shape of the lips and helps them appear more symmetrical. Lip Blushing also gives your lips definition and the illusion of fullness. This cosmetic tattoo saves you time when it comes to applying makeup products such as lip liners, lipsticks, etc. Lip Blushing is not the same as the “old-fashioned” lip liner tattoo. When the pigment is being applied- it starts out darker and ever so slightly becomes lighter towards in the inner part of your lips.Once healed, the results are incredibly natural. Lip Blushing is not the same as lip fillers. The results can last between 2 to 3 years. This all depends on your lifestyle, skincare regimen and how well you take care of your lips while they are healing.
Lip Blushing requires 2 sessions in order to complete the look.
BEFORE LIP BLUSHING RESTRICTIONS:
- If necessary, please begin your Anti-Viral medication 3 days prior the procedure.
- Avoid working out 48 hours prior.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to Lip Blushing.
- NO alcohol, caffeinated tea/coffee, or stimulants 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid the sun and indoor tanning one week prior.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, “Hair, Skin & Nail” supplements, Nutritional Shakes 48 hours prior.
- Discontinue Retin-A, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior.
LIP BLUSHING PRE-APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- If you get cold sores you will need an antiviral prescription. You must inform your physician of your decision to have permanent cosmetics applied to your lips. Physicians usually instruct you to begin taking it 3 days before the procedure, for a 7-10 day course.
- If you have had any type of lip surgery, please consult with the physician about how long you should wait before having cosmetic tattooing on the lips. Most physicians are giving a 3 week “go ahead” after lip filler injections like collagen or Restylane. Although, permanent makeup artists have noticed poor color retention in lips that have received collagen injections within the previous 6 months, and longer for Restylane. There has even been a little pigment migration along lip edges with Restylane. It may be best not to have lip filler injections and permanent lip color within the same year. If the lip surgery involves an incision (like a lip implant), the incision needs to mature about 6 months before tattooing on top of it.
- Oral prosthesis dentures/partials/braces/retainers and tongue piercing bars may increase risk of getting bacterial and/or fungal infection from the mouth to the lips. Frequent or recent sinus infection puts lips at risk of infection. Denture wearers generally carry a higher candida/yeast count.
- Please keep this information in mind before getting Lip Blushing.
- Cutaneous candidiasis/ candidosis is more common in older women (angular stomatitis - perlèche, angular cheilitis). Recent antibiotic therapy can be responsible for a high candida count. Steroid medications and antacid drugs can allow candida to overpopulate. Smokers tend to have a high count also. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. The bacteria-yeast balance in the mouth can get out of whack, and the oral saliva will get in the holes made by tattooing lips. Lips can get infected easily. Bacterial infections clear up more quickly than Candida albicans infections. It is possible to have a co-infection when both bacteria and fungus are involved. It is also possible to get a Candida infection right after clearing up a bacterial infection.